“Ask not what your readers can do for you, ask what you can do for your readers.”
– JFK, probably
Wise people have said that blogging is about building community. After much soul-searching, I realize that if I want to share a community with any group of people, it’s you. I also realize that if anyone’s going to passionate about my silly blog, it’s probably also you. That means that I want my posts to appeal to you, and I want to look credible in your eyes.
So here’s the big question: How can I make my blog a blog worth following?
Every “blogging crash course” in the world says you gotta know your ideal reader and how to make that person happen. Well, I’ve never been good with people. That’s why I’m asking you for help. This is a two-fold kind of question. I don’t just want to know what kind if content you like seeing, I also want to get to know you. See, it won’t cut it anymore to just write funny stories; there’s gotta be something deeper. I want to understand your wants, needs, ideals, and dreams.
Now, here are the smaller questions:
- Which social media hubs do you like hanging out on?
- What political (or otherwise) issues do you care about most?
- How much do you know or care about politics/history?
- What’s your #1 source of news?
- Which countries you find the coolest?
- What are some of your favorite blogs?
- What are your deep, dark fetishes?
- I’m kidding please don’t answer that one
If you follow me, this helps me make content you’ll love. If you don’t follow me, this helps me make content you might one day love. So please take some time to think about this and share your thoughts in the comment section.
You’re also free to holler at me on Twitter if 140 character limits are your thing.
Thanks a bunch.